Thursday, January 6, 2011

What are You (almost) Wearing?

I've already mentioned that I'm a clothing or costuming curmudgeon.   I wouldn't be at all displeased if we all draped ourselves in robes and wore sandals or moccasins, since going barefoot is too dangerous and messy. 

I do like pretty dresses.  I like men in nice dressy-casual clothes.  BUT - Modesty is always a part of my definition of pretty.  It is not pretty or cute to render the garment moot, by baring or outlining the very body it's meant to cover!  

I do not deliberately subject all those I meet to the sight of those body parts which should be kept private.  I have no wish for you to lust after me, nor to laugh after me.  Could you not do the same for me? 

Cover yourself, please!  The place for displaying your wares is not on the street, much less at word, in school, on the bus ... Puh-leeze!

No comments:

Post a Comment