Saturday, December 4, 2010

Heels!

So, what is the point of walking around en pointe??  I realise I exaggerate, but not by much!  Why would anyone want to make themselves ridiculous by wearing heels so high they can barely walk?  Is it to look prettier?  I don't think so!  If something is pretty off the foot (and I have my opinion on that, too, big surprise!) it does not mean that it will make a body pretty!  I like marble columns.  I think they are pretty.  I do not think that attaching myself to them will make me look pretty!

Do women think that these stilts make them look sexy?  Is there a big difference between Mrs. Wiggins, Carol Burnett's character, and the preposterous posture of the modern shoe worshiper?  I don't see it.  Sticking out your posterior and lifting your feet like a show horse looks ridiculous, to me.  Heck, trying to look sexy for the general public looks ridiculous, too, but that's another subject!

So, if that expensive designer shoe (or slightly cheaper knock off) is a sculptural beauty, put it on a pedestal, not on your foot!  If you must put it on, stretch out your leg, admire the effect, take a picture, if you like, but have mercy, and don't stand up!  Please!

No comments:

Post a Comment