Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Cooking up a Storm

Cooking is not my thing, I'll admit that.  Occasionally, I'll get inspired and go humming about the kitchen,   very occasionally!  So "doing" a dinner for the benefit of my family, is nagging at the back of my mind. 

 We try not to focus on the food as much as on the reason for the day, but it is not effortless, for me.  I have to plan!  I have to think!!  I have to clean!!! 

Nobody wants me to go overboard.  We have a feast of fat things, even when the variety (& the fat) is limited.  I do look forward to leftovers.  No cooking for a couple of days!!

It's the actual cooking that has started the storm.  The cold front (brain, I guess)  and the warm front (would that be my stressed stomach?) are churning up the atmosphere.  I know from experience the best remedy is to plan well and just get at it! 

Bah!  And phooey!

No comments:

Post a Comment