Friday, November 19, 2010

Flip Flop

OK, I'll admit I'm a clothing curmudgeon!  I don't like so many things that I ought to wear a sign, perhaps.  What could it say?  "THE END IS NEAR" and on the reverse "TOO NEAR THE HEM!"  Would anyone even get what I was driving at?

OK, I'm not ancient, but nobody under seventy-five would call me young either.  That may have something to do with how I feel about flip flops.  They are beach wear!  Wear them at home, if you wish.  Wear them in a communal shower, by all means!  Pleeease don't wear them to school, to the store (even if you are still in your bathing suit -- especially if you are still in your bathing suit!) to a date that is not at the beach, to vote, to the opera, to meet the President of the United States.... Ugh! 

A lot less floppy flapping might make me happier.  I doubt that, but we can try!

In case you are wondering, I don't wear flip flops...
    ...I wear Crocs!

2 comments: